To ensure that moisture sensitive devices remain moisture-free they should be packaged in a moisture barrier bag until they are required.
- Components are placed in a moisture barrier bag with two units of desiccant
- A humidity indicator card (HIC) is placed with the components
- Air is extracted from the moisture barrier bag
- The bag is filled with desiccant-dried air
- The dry air is extracted and the bag is heat-sealed
- A moisture sensitivity level (MSL) label is applied to the exterior of the bag